We are looking for an Operating Room Medical Engineer for DEO.care, a Belgian health tech company that helps hospitals implement best practices for operational excellence and support healthcare industry partners to leverage value-based healthcare.
The OR Medical Engineer will contribute to OR efficiency projects for hospital customers in Europe and North America. They will spend a significant amount of their time in the operating room and hospital, capturing efficiency and ergonomics data, analyzing this data, proposing improvement roadmaps, and implementing these. As DEO.care is a fast-growing and evolving company, the OR Medical Engineer will also collaborate with the other team members on improving our products, services, and processes.
- Bachelor or master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience; preferably technical or (para)-medical
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Excellent knowledge of English. Other languages, especially German or French, are a plus
- Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 25% – 50%
- Prepared to spend up to 8hrs in the OR on certain days
- Ability to work independently and self-motivating
- Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities
- Team player with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Close attention to detail and customer oriented
- Good communication and writing skills
- Experience with process improvement, account management, the medical market and/or the OR are an advantage
We offer you a full-time position, a competitive remuneration package, and extensive training according to your experience in a dynamic and fast-growing work environment. You will work in a small-scale entrepreneurial team with a flat organizational structure at our headquarters in Genk.
How to apply
Apply via the form below if you’re interested in joining the DEO.care team. There will be a minimum of 2 interviews with different members of the team with an additional technical test.
We are interested in every qualified candidate that applies, however, due to timeline and visa sponsorship restrictions we are only able to accept EU citizens.
DEO.care—founded in 2018 and headquartered in Genk, Belgium—has developed an innovative AI-backed data platform that helps hospitals implement best practices for operational excellence and support healthcare industry partners to leverage value-based healthcare. The goal is to improve staff well-being, increase OR throughput, optimize financial performance and improve patient experiences. Doing so is critical to safeguard the healthcare infrastructure as we know it, ensuring future patients access to safe and efficient surgeries.